Monday 28 August 2023

Barbie – Cineworld, Wood Green – Saturday 19th August 2023

(Rated 5/5) We finally did it; put on our pinks for Barbie's movie! I've deliberately avoided - as much as possible - seeing any reviews or information about it, and went in with no expectations, aside from Margot Robbie saying 'It's about life' - yep she managed to sneak that passed my avoidance. It's narrated by Helen Mirren - first big wow and respect. It has a vast amount of depth, and psychology, and politics, and sociology, and history, and vibrancy, and pink!! Genius directing and writing with Noah Baumbach) by Greta Gerwig! Extremely good!!! (A member of TFL staff at Turnpike Lane took our photos with the Barbie poster. At one point she said to my companion 'You're blocking Ken"... highly significant as anyone will know who's seen the film )
P.S. I was going to expand on this, but my step-daughter told me it was a ‘great review’ as it is, so leaving this as maybe the shortest one I’ve ever done! Barbie – Review by TheRestrictedReviewer © 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment